A Medline alert is a database search set to run at predetermined intervals and send you the new results.
1. Access Medline ( or any other database) through the library homepage.
2. In Ovid Medline set up an account.. This allows you to save your search and set up your alert.
3. Create a search. Try to find a search broad enough to capture new material, but without too much redundant material.
eg ((reduc* or prevent* or avoid* or minimis*) adj2 fall*).ti. for articles about falls prevention.
The search works best using text words. Newly published material will not have MeSH terms added yet.
4. Save your search. When saving, choose the Autoalert option.
5. From the Actions dropdown to the right of your search history select Create Auto-Alert.
6. Select your options
If you require any assistance setting up a subject alert contact the library.